Highlights From Last Week . . . Shared This Weekend
(Kinda like that John Oliver thing ?)
1. Atlanta Business Radio
- Monday 8/15: Invigorating start for the week – Return guest, Georgia District Director of the U.S. Small Business Administration Terri Denison was great as usual. Plus we had Executive Director for Georgia Forward, Kris Vaughn. Her enthusiasm is so contagious ! And she brought along Young Gamechangers participant Josh Stephens (Day Job – Georgia Department Of Economic Development).
- Friday 8/19: SaaS Spotlight Episode Featuring User IQ and QASymphony— and then later in the afternoon, Trade Show 360 series featuring Foundry 45 and Todd Ervin with Georgia Tech’s Scheller College of Business. We shot this episode in 360 VR, so I’m really intrigued to see how the video clips come out. Key Learning already . . . Lee & I have always resisted video in the studio because we’ve been concerned about disrupting the casual dynamic which produces such authentic content — but I have to say, the equipment used to capture this footage was minimal and not the least bit intrusive. Stay tuned for BRX / Foundry 45 joint offerings I think — especially for Conferences & Trade Shows.
Catch All Atlanta Business Radio Episodes For The Week of 8/15 /16 Here.
2. High Velocity Radio
- Flew “solo” on this one — Lee and Abbe were moving son Max into the Georgia State Honors Dorm — but with a little extra help from Senior Producer Ryan “Redhawk” McPherson and compelling conversations with 3 marvelous guests, I think we pulled of a strong show. MFG.com’s Chris Mitchell and Daniel Drennen with Deshazo talk about their work together, and Speaker / Author Michael Maher lays some wisdom on us from his book: (7L) The Seven Levels Of Communication.
3. Business Writers Mixer (9/1 Concourse Athletic Club Grille): Looks like we’re going to have a nice crowd for this event. If your schedule allows, please join us.
RSVP Here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/business-writers-mixer-tickets-27059857763
4. Ryan posted a somewhat disturbing picture on twitter this week — Yikes ! When I started this work I was 6ft. 2 with perfect vision and coal black hair.
5. The Beach House: We (me and my Pensacola Business Radio partner / Foodie Life guy, Keith Hoffert) got the description / registration page up for this year’s Beach House Experience. It’s Invitation Only, but maybe you or someone you know should be invited ?
The Big Win for us this week . . . We already have four Full Scholarships available that will cover all fees for the first four Young Entrepreneurs accepted into the program. (One of the most rewarding aspects of the Beach House Experience is exposing Young Entrepreneurs to highly successful people doing work that matters. Young Entrepreneurs participate in their own unique Beach House Experience, and have ample opportunity to interact with our other participants.)
See ya in the Fast Lane . . .